Sunday, March 16, 2014

Bits and Pieces

I have been trying to work on my taxes this weekend, and made steady progress until Saturday afternoon brought with it news of all sorts of events, some to share here and others to keep quiet about for awhile longer.

The saddest news was that of my brother-in-law's passing in Hawaii because of a heart attack.  When I spoke with my sister, she was coping as best she could...and in that instant I completely understood where she was coming from.  Memories came flooding back of that day when my Mother died: how time either sped by without my being aware of it, or slowed down to the point where almost every second lasted seemingly forever...how emotions were numbed or exposed, suddenly and without any warning or control.  I can only hope that she has people around her to get her through this difficult time...I suspect she does...one of the things she always liked about Sid's family is that they welcomed her without the kind of difficulty or drama that seemed to accompany ours.

The above title will make more sense once I post the following entry.


No comments:

Post a Comment